Triple Layer Premium Indoor Golf Hitting Screen!
What is used to make golf impact screens?
Polyester mesh is a good fabric choice since it’s lightweight, durable, and affordable. Layers of polyester mesh can be added to produce varying degrees of screen quality, strengthening the screen and reducing light bleed-through. Nylon mesh is also a good option, offering a touch more strength and durability; however, it can be more expensive. Most importantly, the fabric must be durable and able to withstand a ball hitting it at 200+ mph without tearing.
There are several key factors to consider when choosing the right fabric for a golf impact screen:
- Screen smoothness: The smoother a golf simulator screen is, the higher the clarity of the displayed image will be. Smoother screens also reduce the abrasion of golf balls.
- Durability: Golf screens need to have the capacity to quickly recover and barely bounce back from balls struck at speeds above 200 mph.
- Noise dampening: High-quality impact screens will dampen the noise made from the impact of golf balls.
Choose Apex Mills for Premium Quality Golf Impact Screen Fabrics
Made in the US by Apex Mills,
This fabric is made at our North Carolina mill and is tested and designed for maximum energy absorption, specifically to fulfill the demands of golfers who use simulator screens. Apex Mills manufactures impact screen fabrics at an optimal 120-inch width and ensures they are highly durable for long-lasting enjoyment.
3D Spacer: Multi-layer cushioning fabric with a smooth surface optimized for high-impact absorption and noise dampening: provides excellent screen resolution for clear images. The thicker material allows the fabric to recover quickly after impact and will not allow light to filter in from the back, sharpening your image quality.
- DNB381 Raw 3D Spacer Fabric
- 3 layers
- 2 Layers of Poly Mesh Fabric
- Nylon cushion in between the two layers
- Thickness 3.4mm
- Weight 15.8oz
- The smoothest surface available
- Reduced noise at impact from the golf ball hitting the screen with a cushioned center layer.
- Hi-Quality HD image.
- Minimal bounce back
- Custom Sizes available
- The life of your screen will vary upon use, and it is considered a wearable item. All screens are folded and shipped in a box. Some creasing may occur, but may be removed with a steamer and/or light iron set to no higher than polyester. To increase the longevity of the screen, please ensure golf balls are clean, unmarked, and free of any cuts or nicks. Our screens are made to have minimum bounce back if installed properly. Hanging a tarp or any other type of material will cause your screen to wear out faster. If you do need to install anything behind your screen, such as a blanket or memory foam. Make sure you leave a minimum of 10 to 12 inches behind the screen.
- Our screens ship from Ontario for Canadian customers. We use Standard UPS ground. Tracking will be emailed to you once the order has shipped.